So, how have we got this far?
Connect, Create, Celebrate has been our kaupapa from the outside and it helped us gain serious momentum.
- Connect – with community, with each other, with individuals, businesses & organisations. Putting relationships first.
- Create – enabling a space where people have an outlet for their creative strengths and get to fully utilise their creative gifts.
- Celebrate – focus on what we do have: assets, resources, skills and talent. Appreciating everyone's contribution, small or large. We see and celebrate the gold in the community around us.
By connecting, creating and celebrating we have created a film that is huge. It cost a maximum of $30,000 to produce, yet it looks, feels and represents millions of production value dollars. This is not your average low-budget film with a simple story and small cast, this is a highly-resourced production with a huge message, a community worth of principal cast, limos, helicopters, drill rigs, night scenes, choreographed stunt sequences, 20+ locations and hundreds of extras. I'd say this is the biggest low budget film ever to hit NZ cinemas – and this is an achievement certainly worth celebrating!
So gang, let's celebrate this with the rest of New Zealand – by making sure people have heard about it, talk about it, get out and see it!
We're already booked in cinemas across the country: Auckland, Christchurch, Coromandel, Hawkes Bay, Palmerston North, Levin, Motukea, Akaroa... the list is increasing everyday. We need people in all of these locations to be excited about this film before it arrives.
LET'S TAKE IT NATIONAL
To do this with our limited budget, we all need to go back to the same model that proved so successful during our production phase:
- Connect – identify the strengths in your networks and find places to share the story that connects you to the film, whatever that may be!
- Create – let's get creative with how we can connect with people. Let's use our skills and creative strength to get the word out
- Celebrate – how are you spreading the word, how are you encouraging people to join the gang? Anyone running around in Santa suits? or even Z-nailing a few tyres? (joking) Have fun with the process and share it with us. Let's celebrate this community achievement from start to finish!
SPREADING THE WORD
A few suggestions on how we can get others to join our 'gang':
- Get your friends to 'Like' us on Facebook
- Share our trailer on their Facebook pages and encourage them to share it further
- Share a link to our website and help grow the community as a whole
- Add an Email footer to your communications with links to The Z-Nail website
- Organise pre-screenings or a special screening as a fundraiser / corporate evening! We can either use cinemas or they could even hold their own events which is a great way to support community groups, or thank employees with a fun night out
- Lastly, help us put up posters in and around your local community
- Scouts, Rotary, Lions, Red Hats, Wetlands, Book clubs, Iwi groups – remember, all of these groups are in pretty much every community around the country
- There are local activist groups who want to know about this film, your family & friends, neighbours, sports clubs, political groups, businesses. Who can you connect us to?
HOW FAR CAN WE REACH?
We already have the potential to make this big, but we want to make it HUGE!
- When we first released our trailer it was shared by over 200 people on Facebook and had a post reach of over 20,000 people! We are now sitting at over 5,000 'direct' views on Youtube, but as views on Facebook don't add to that click rate, we can only assume that our trailer has probably been viewed a lot more than that!
- When we released the date of our premiere the story was in the top four most read stories in the Bay of Plenty Times all weekend. It received over 180 Facebook shares.
Let's share it again, let's share the trailer and reach thousands more, let's encourage people to 'Like' the Facebook page and join the gang. Let's prove community is not just an ideological concept but one of the strongest forces on earth, with the power to unite and the power to create momentum!